Methi Palak Dhoklas ( Pregnancy Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 251 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44873 times
These quick and easy to make dhoklas are best enjoyed as a breakfast dish or even a late afternoon snack. Black-eyed beans, also called cow peas or chawli beans are extremely rich in iron and folic acid. Both these nutrients are required in abundance, especially during the first trimester.
- Wash and soak the chawli in enough water overnight.
- Drain well and add ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the spinach, fenugreek, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, oil and salt and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 1 tbsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into three equal portions.
- Pour a portion of the batter immediately into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside. Cool slightly and cut into square pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Methi Palak Dhoklas (Pregnancy Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.