Methi Masoor Delight
by Geetha Venkatesan
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7955 times
tempt your guests with the palate appealing and healthy Methi Masoor Delight recipe. The lentils like masoor is cooked with methi or fenugreek leaves and seasoned aptly with spice powers, tomatoes and chopped onions. Add fresh cream to add richness to this tasty vegetable dish.
- Soak methi overnight in one cup of water.
- Take a pressure pan and put masoor.pour water equivalent to four times the quantity of masoor.
- Add the soaked methi with water to this.place it on fire , close the lid and allow the pressure to form.
- After one whistle, lower the fire to minimum and cook for twenty five minutes.
- Once the cooker is opened chilly powder and hing to it and season the dal with this.
- Stir the dal well and serve it hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by Geetha Venkatesan on 22 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.