Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9534 times
A superb in taste and great in nutritive value, Mediteranean salad can be eaten as a meal in itself or as a side dish with meals. The salad has the delectable mix of boiled couscous with stir fried baby corns, capsicum, beans and broccoli. An assortment of bright colors, amazingly fresh taste and high fiber content, the Mediterranean salad is best for health conscious people.
- Chop finely the capsicum, peppers, beans.
- Slice thinly the carrots and the babycorn.
- Shred the cabbage finely. slice the tomatoes into halves (they can be left whole also)
- Break the broccoli into smaller flowerets.
- Blanch the carrots, broccoli, beans and babycorn. (this can be done in the microwave too.) drain when done.
- Cook the couscous in boiling water and when cooked, keep aside to cool.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon oil in a frypan.
- Add ground mustard and saute until it slightly changes colour.
- Add the spring onions, capsicum and peppers. saute until just cooked.
- Add the drained the vegetables. saute for a minute or two.
- Add the couscous and cherry tomatoes and fold it into the mixture.
- Add sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Turn the gas off and add the feta cheese. sprinkle a good amount of coriander.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by rachnamadhavan on 12 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.