Mawa Modak Video, Khoya Modak Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11661 times
Rich and luscious, the Mava Modak is a melt-in-the-mouth treat, which puts other mithai to shame with its unique taste and texture. Although it is quite a grand fare, the good news is that it is much easier to make than the traditional modak, which requires a bit of deft handwork. This modak on the other hand just requires you to pack the mixture into the modak mould, and de-mould after a press
Recipe Description for Mawa Modak, Khoya Modak Recipe
- Combine the mava and sugar in a broad non-stick pan.
- Switch on the flame and cook the mava mixture on high flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, transfer it into a bowl and keep aside to cool for 6 to 7 hours.
- Combine the saffron and milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Crumble the mava with your finger tips, add the pistachios, cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture, mix well.
- Take a portion of the mava mixture, place it on one side of the modak mould and close the modak mould tightly.
- Remove the excess modak mixture from the edges of the modak mould and demould the modak.
- Repeat steps 7 to 8 and make 20 more modaks and serve.
- Modak moulds are easily available in local “steel utensils and appliances” shops.
- Two types of moulds are available i. e. Plastic and stainless steel. Plastic moulds range between rs. 10 to rs. 30. Stainless steel moulds range between rs. 40 to rs. 70.
- Available in following Mumbai shops: contact nos. : Murugan Steel: 22-28193014 , 22-26184159, 22-25602993, New Andheri Glassware Mart: +(91)-22-28224203, Mehul Steel: 22-25605233
See step by step images of Mawa Modak, Khoya Modak Recipe
- These modaks stay fresh for 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.