Mattar Paneer ( Peas with Farmer Cheese)
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41659 times
Mattar paneer, fried cottage cheese and green peas mixed with onion tomato gravy. Enjoy this preparation with parathas or rotis.
- Combine the onions and ginger, along with 1/3 cup water and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the paneer pieces till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add red chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the prepared onion-ginger paste and saute on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, pepper, green peas and tomatoes, mix well and add little water and simmer for 5-8 minutes or till the tomatoes are completely cooked.
- Add the fried paneer, mix well and cook for 2-5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by balwinderbindu on 04 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.