Mathri with Besan Filling
This recipe has been viewed 13943 times
Mathri with besan filling brings out a crispy crunchy mathri recipe right from the Punjabi households and straight on your table. The mathris are prepared with besan filling and enjoyed with tea .
Add your private note
Mathri with Besan Filling recipe - How to make Mathri with Besan Filling
Preparation Time: Preparation Time : 30 mins. Cooking Time: Cooking Time : 45 mins. Total Time:
- Combine the plain flour, ghee, salt and enough water to make a semi-soft dough. knead well.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and sauté over a slow flame till the gram flour turns golden brown in colour.
- Cool completely and divide the filling into 5 equal portions. keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of each rolled dough circle and bring the ends together so as to seal the filling inside completely.
- Roll out the stuffed dough circle to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle taking care to ensure the filling does not spill out.
- Pinch the sides of the mathri using your finger tips.
- Pinch the surface of the rolled out mathri so as to form a design.
- Prick the mathri all over with a fork.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 with the remaining portions of the dough and filling.
- Deep fry the mathris in hot oil till they are half cooked. drain.
- Once all the mathris are half-cooked, deep fry them over a slow flame till they are golden brown in colour. these take a long time to fry as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked on the insides also.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- Serve with pickle or masala tea.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.