by anita prashant
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20906 times
Masoor Rice makes an extremely tasty one dish meal and great to have for dinner during winter.
- Clean and wash the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a in a pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds splutter add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Add the ground paste and sauté till oil seperates.
- Add rice and sprouted masoor and sauté again for 2 minutes. Add salt and mix well.
- Add 21/2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with raita or kadhi, papad and pickle of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by anita prashant on 06 Nov 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.