Masaledar Mixed Sprouts Sandwich ( Diabetic Recipe) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7913 times
Are you on a diet, and feeling forlorn about not being able to have buttery grilled potato sandwiches? Well, this Masaledar Mixed Sprouts Sandwich is so tasty you will never feel tempted to reach for such unhealthy sandwiches again. With fibre plus protein rich sprouts and loads of veggies sautéed with peppy pav bhaji masala, this whole wheat bread sandwich is a memorable culinary experience that is very healthful too, especially for diabetics and weight watchers.
Recipe Description for Masaledar Mixed Sprouts Sandwich ( Diabetic Recipe)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chillies, pav bhaji masala, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder and black salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed sprouts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of water, mix well and mash it little with the help of a masher.
- Divide the sprouts mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Apply ¼ tsp of butter on each bread slice and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread a portion of the sprouts mixture on it and top it with 2 onion rings and sandwich it using another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.