Masala Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 425 times
Masala Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables is like a Dal and Subzi combined into one tasty treat! Masoor Dal is combined with a traditional tempering, an assortment of spice powders, a horde of flavour enhancers like ginger and green chillies, and finally a cupful of mixed veggies.
Recipe Description for Masala Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables
- Combine the masoor dal, 1½ cups of water and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cooked dal, boiled vegetables, dried mango powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.