Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15053 times
Type of mould:-
you need a ring shape(gugelhupf) mould of 24 cm(9 1/2 inches) diameter.
a well greased rectangular tin(35*11 cm/ 14*4 1/2 inches). after about 15 minutes in the oven, make a cut about 1 cm in deep in the middle along the length of the cake to ensure a neat crack in the centre and continue baking.
- Preheat the oven at th top and bottom. grease the mould.
- To make the cake mixture, stir the soft margarine(or butter) with a hand mixer with whisk until it becomes smooth and homogenous. gradually add the sugar, vanilla sugar, rum flavouring and salt, and stir until the mixture thickens. add 1 egg at a time, whisking each one for about 1/2 minute at the highest setting(very fast).
- Mix together the flour and baking powder, sift and add to the margarine and egg mixture in 2 stages, alternating with the milk, stirring briefly with a mixer set at the medium setting.
- Spoon two-third of the cake mixture into the greased tin(mould). sift the cocoa powder and add to the rest of the cake mixture together with the milk and sugar. spoon(put) the dark-coloured cake mixture on the top of the light-coloured cake mixture and drag a fork or spoon through the two layers in a spiral movement to create a marbled pattern,
- On top/bottom heat: 180°c(350°f)-preheated
- fan oven: 160°c(325°f)-not preheated
This recipe was contributed by mätha on 20 Feb 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.