Mango Puri , Aam Ki Poori by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2418 times
This delicious sweet puri with the strong flavour of mangoes is truly droolworthy! A dough of flour and pureed mangoes, tinged with spices like cardamom, is rolled into puris and deep-fried to get this yummy tea-time snack.
The dough is generally a little soft, so you have to be careful while rolling it. If your dough ends up too loose and you are unable to roll the puris, add a little plain flour and adjust the consistency of the dough to a level that you can comfortably roll.
Recipe Description for Mango Puri , Aam Ki Poori
- Combine the mango cubes and powdered sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients, mix well and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few puris at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.