Malai Peda Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6122 times
One of the most well-known of Indian mithai, the Malai Peda is as rich as a sweet can get. A special process of curdling condensed milk turns it into a richly textured product like khoya, which when flavoured with cardamom and saffron becomes an intensely aromatic dessert that nobody can resist. While the spicy fragrance and intense flavour make it a hit with adults, the amazing texture and succulent mouth-feel make it popular with kids. In all respects, the Malai Peda is nothing short of a blockbuster!
Recipe Description for Malai Peda
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, while stirring twice in between. This will take approx. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 15 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its quantity, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Add the sugar and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Simultaneously, combine the cornflour and the milk in a small bowl and mix well till the cornflour dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Also combine the citric acid and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Gradually add the cornflour-milk mixture and citric acid mixture to the boiling milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture resembles mava (khoya), while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to a plate, spread with the help of a flat spatula and keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a flat round.
- Garnish each peda with pistachio and almond and press it gently.
- Serve or store refrigerated till use.
- These pedas stay fresh in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for at least a week.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.