Malai Kofta In Creamy Curry
by Pooja Asthana
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14697 times
A creamy rich tomato gravy with cottage cheese dumplings
- Combine all the ingredients except the raisins and mix well.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions.
- Stuff raisins into each portion and shape them into balls.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till the kofta turns to golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil the onions in enough of water for 10 minutes. Drain, cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onion paste and sauté for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and red chilli powder and sauté on medium flame for 8-10 minutes or till the oil begins to leave the masala.
- Add the mava mixed in two cups of water and add to the gravy.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala powder, mix well and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place the koftas in a serving dish and pour the hot gravy on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Pooja Asthana on 25 Nov 2010Passionate about cooking best for my husband, family and friends.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.