Malai Kofta By Puja_c
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7736 times
Malai kofta is a potato and paneer kofta curry (besan coated dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy. Enjoy cooking this vegetable specialty, malai kofta using this easy to prepare tasty malai kofta recipe.
- Squeeze out water from raisins and combine with cashews, charoli seeds, malai in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the bananas, ginger, chilli, salt, plain flour and paneer and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape them into small round balls.
- Make a thumb like depression at the centre, place a little dryfruit mixture inside and re-shape ball to cover filling from all sides.
- Chill them in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the paneer and curds, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the plain flour till it turns light pink.
- Remove form the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the dry spices and cabbage and saute till the cabbage turns sift.
- Add the tomato puree, dry masalas, salt, sugar, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the curd paneer paste, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup water and mix well.
- Add the malai, stir till whiteness dissolves.
- Simmer till gravy is thick.
- Just before serving, add koftas and garnish with grated paneer and rose petals.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, kulchas or even bread.
This recipe was contributed by puja_c on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.