Malabari Curry ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Malabari Curry ( Desi Khana) in Hindi)
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35987 times
The western coast of india generally features coconut-rich food. This malabari curry from the kitchens of kerala is no exception. The veggies rest in a base of coconut milk, and coconut is used in the masala paste also. So, overall the soothing flavour of coconut and the soft feel of boiled vegetables dominate this recipe.
- Combine the coconut and curry leaves in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, until the mixture is light pink. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the green chillies, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and dry red chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, mixed vegetables, coconut milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||416.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.