Lentils and Palak Dosa with Ridge Gourd Chutney
This recipe has been viewed 3815 times
Healthy and tasty dosa filled with proteins minerals and fibre.
Add your private note
Lentils and Palak Dosa with Ridge Gourd Chutney recipe - How to make Lentils and Palak Dosa with Ridge Gourd Chutney
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add green chillies, red chillies, grated coconut and asafoetida. Add tamarind paste and make a dry paste(without adding water).
- Cut the ridge gourd into small pieces.
- Add the remaining oil into the sauce pan then fry the ridge gourd pieces on a medium flame until they are soft.
- Blend the fried ridge gourd pieces and the dry paste in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Remove the chutney into a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal,asafoetida and curry leaves. Add thhis tempering to the chutney.
- Soak the lentils along with the rice and beaten rice overnight. Grind them with tomato, onion, asafoetida, spinach and salt.
- Add red chilli powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve immediately with ridge gourd chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Siri1974 on 16 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.