Lemon Rice- South Special
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7716 times
Well what to say about this dish that we already don't know. A south indian traditional dish that is popular all over. It is considered to be a whole meal by itself. I first had this dish when i was doing my engineering in vellore and fell in love with it right away. Bare minimum spices yet tastes so great. Here's my version. . Do try it and let me know your inputs. Goes along great with raita or a glass of chilled butter milk. .
- In a vessel take the cooked rice and add the lemon juice and salt in it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the peanuts and cashewnuts and roast them for 2 minutes.
- Keep aside the peanuts and cashews and add the chana dal in the pan and roast them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin seeds,mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing, dry red chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the curry leaves and haldi powder, chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic goes away.
- Add the green peas and mix well.
- Add the rice which was initially mixed with lemon and salt and mix well so that the masala is mixed completely and gives a nice bright lemon yellow color to the rice.
- Finally add the roasted peanuts and cashews to the rice and give it a nice mix.
- Serve with raita or a glass of chilled butter milk.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 25 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.