Lehsuni Paneer Palak Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28283 times
Nothing so new about the palak and paneer combo, you might think, but when blended with garlic and green chillies, it acquires a completely new flavour and aroma, which you will find truly irresistible.
A generous amount of milk and cream are used in the Lehsuni Paneer Palak, not just to bring about a rich and luscious texture but also to balance the flavour of garlic with the rest of the ingredients. But, still the aroma dominates the dish, making it a true delight for garlic fans.
Serve with your favourite Rotis / Puris / Parathas .
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain the water using a strainer and refresh the spinach with cold water.
- Combine the blanched spinach, garlic and green chillies in a mixer and blend to a smooth purée without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach purée, fresh cream, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas or butter naan.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.