Lajjatdar Paneer Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 16603 times
The basic mughlai gravy has been used to prepare this delicious paneer dish. Since the use of various pastes is common in mughlai cooking, a paste of garlic, ginger, cardamoms, cloves and poppy seeds has been used. Using grated onion gives the gravy a better texture. Instead of grating the onions you can also blend them to a paste in a mixer
Recipe Description for Lajjatdar Paneer
- Combine the paneer and curds in a bowl and mix lightly. Keep aside to marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh cream and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated curd-paneer mixture, mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas.
See step by step images of Lajjatdar Paneer Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.