Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6023 times
This can also be served with rice.
if refrigerated in an air tight container, it can be reheat and used for 3 days.
- Heat kadai and add little oil.
- Add mustard seeds,urad dhal,channa dhal,pepper corns, red chillies, green chilli,cummin seeds and curry leaves one by one.
- When it is done add the onions first and fry for two minutes.
- Then add brinjal and tomatoes and cook on low flame for two minutes.
- Now add the tamarind pulp and add 1/2 cup water.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt.
- Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the sambhar powder mixed well in little water.
- Bring it to boil for 5 to 6 mnts till the raw smell goes.
- Adjust the consistency by adding a little water.
- Serve hot with upma kozhukattai or dosa or idli.
This recipe was contributed by subni on 06 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.