Korma Biryani by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 924 times
Korma gravies are very popular with most people, thanks to their intense flavour and rich aroma. While you might have seen korma gravies combined with a range of veggies, paneer, etc.
Recipe Description for Korma Biryani
- Combine the saffron strands and 2 tsp water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, saffron-water mixture, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 13 to 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mxi well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables, milk and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the rice into two equal portions and place one layer of the rice in an oven safe baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Top it with vegetable korma and finally with the remaining portion of rice and spread it evenly.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.