Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2894 times
Khobbari chutney is west indian or maharashtrian way of preparing coconut (khobbari)chutney. The coconut is ground with soaked lentils and then tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Combine all the ingredients, add a little water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by smithasrini on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.