Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7127 times
Khari pudi or a savoury Indian fried flat bread recipe is seasoned aptly with hing, haldi powder and salt. The flour comprises of maida and rice flour and is then made into flat puris which are deep fried and enjoyed with pickle or any curry.
- Mix together plain flour and 1/4 cup rice flour.
- Add salt, seeds, 2 tbsp. oil, asafoetida, turmeric, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a not too soft pliable dough.
- Take a pingpong ball sized lump, shape into ball, roll.
- While rolling use dry flour for dusting.
- Roll into a large chappati. apply ghee on top with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle some rice flour all over.
- Starting from one end, roll into a tight swiss roll.
- Cut into 3/4" to 1" thick slices.
- Take one, roll over it lightly once or twice only.
- The pudi shoud just flatten enough to stay together.
- Do not roll to make thin again.
- Place on a clean cloth, to dry a bi.
- Keep aside. repeat till all dough is over.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Let in few pudis at a time in hot oil.
- Fry on med. to low flame till very lightly golden.
- Flip sides and repeat above.
- Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Cool completely before storing.
This recipe was contributed by nvasani on 17 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.