Kharek Nu Athanu
by Radha Hoizal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 15126 times
Kharek Nu Athanu, it is a pickle made of dry dates, it is simmilar to morabba, can be relished with rotis and parathas.
Add your private note
Kharek Nu Athanu recipe - How to make Kharek Nu Athanu
Preparation Time: 2 days Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 servings
- Soak the dry dates in lemon juice in a deep glass bowl by adding pinch of salt and mix well, close with a lid for 2 days.
- After 2 days take out the dates and cut into a pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add the sugar and add water that covers the sugar completely and simmer it till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Boil the sugar syrup to make 2 string syrup.
- Add the dates and cook till dates turn soft.
- Remove from the flame, add pepper powder, cloves powder, cinnamon powder, roasted sauf powder, salt, black salt and chilli powder and mix well and serve.
- This pickle can be stored outside fridge for 15 days while in fridge,it can be stored for a month.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 20 Jul 2020Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.