Khajoor -ni Ghari
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9517 times
An authentic Khajur -ni ghari is a sweet snack option with maida based pastries filled with a sweet date and jaggery filling and then deep fried. The sweet date filling simply melt in the mouth and the crunchy crispy fried outer covering tickles the taste buds.
Add your private note
Khajoor -ni Ghari recipe - How to make Khajoor -ni Ghari
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Put the dates into a mincer and mince.
- Heat shortening and add sugar.
- When sugar has melted add dates and cook till dates are fried and sticky and mixture is soft.
- Add cardamom and nutmeg powder and vanilla essence.
- Blend well and allow mixture to cool.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.add shortening and blend well.
- Add gradually about 4 tbs.
- Water and make into a soft dough.(when pressed with finger dough should spring back).
- Divide dough and date mixture each into 5 portions.
- Take one portion of dough and make into a small round about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place one portion of date mixture in centre.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.