Khada Pav Bhaji, Restaurant Style Pav Bhaji by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 200 times
Khada’ mean whole and not mashed, which explains the difference between this and the regular pav bhaji. Although it has the same tongue-tickling and invigorating taste, the veggies are not mashed to a pulp in this variant.
This gives a different consistency and mouth-feel to the dish, while also letting you enjoy the singular taste of each veggie that goes into the bhaji.
Recipe Description for Khada Pav Bhaji, Restaurant Style Pav Bhaji
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, green peas, potatoes, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while mashing it lightly with a masher. Do not mash it too much as we need whole vegetables.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit all the ladi pavs.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a non-stick tava (griddle) , put ½ tsp pav bhaji masala, place 2 slit ladi pavs on it and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 to cook 6 more ladi pavs in 3 more batches.
- Just before serving, re-heat the khada bhaji and serve with pavs, onions and lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.