Kesar Pista Biscuits Video, Eggless Kesar Pista Cookie by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4346 times
The Kesar Pista Badam Biscuit is a real delicacy with rich spicy notes. Assorted nuts give these biscuits a delectable crunch, while an array of spice powders give it a tantalising aroma. To press the nuts into the dough, roll lightly with a roller pin so that you don’t thin down the dough layer, but at the same time the nuts stick firmly to it. To get the perfect colour and texture, bake the biscuits for just 15 minutes. It might still seem soft when you take it out of the oven, but once the Kesar Pista Biscuits cool in the tray, they will turn crunchy.These biscuits are sure to be a family favourite and a perfect gift to make and give for festive occasions like Diwali , Christmas and Raksha - Bandhan .
Recipe Description for Kesar Pista Biscuits, Kesar Pista Badam Biscuit
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and sugar in a deep bowl and mix very well with a spatula.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix very well using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour and add the milk and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125mm. (5”) by 150mm. (6”) rectangle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Sprinkle a little pistachio and almonds evenly over it and roll again lightly so the nuts stick well to the dough.
- Cut into 25 mm. (1”) by 25 mm. (1”) squares using a sharp knife or a cookie cutter.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make more biscuits.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Cool, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
See step by step images of Kesar Pista Biscuits, Kesar Pista Badam Biscuit Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.