Kerala Sambar with Coconut Video
Viewed 704 times
The Kerala Sambar with Coconut Video is a rich and flavourful version, which is made of toovar dal and mixed vegetables like brinjal, ladies finger and red pumpkin, laced with tamarind and flavoured with a spicy masala of coconut, onion, coriander seeds and other spices like pepper, fenugreek and cumin.
Recipe Description for Kerala Sambar, Kerala Sambhar with Coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and sauté on a medium flame for 7 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with ½ cup of water till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the toovar dal, turmeric powder, asafoetida and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk the dal well using a whisk.
- Transfer the whisked dal into a deep non-stick pan, add all the vegetables, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 22 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared sambar masala, tamarind pulp and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Pour this tempering on the prepared sambar and mix well.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Kerala Sambar, Kerala Sambhar with Coconut Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.