Kanda Poha ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes ) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1896 times
Maharashtrians would feel lost without poha! beaten rice flakes tossed with the traditional tempering of mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves, this is served aesthetically with tiny wedges of lemon. If you are in a rush, you can just grab a readily available parcel of poha and have it later in the comfort of your office.
Recipe Description for Kanda Poha, Mumbai Roadside Recipes
- Clean and wash the rice flakes in a sieve in enough water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-sick pan, add the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, rice flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Place equal portions of poha on 4 plates, garnish each plate with 2 tsp of coconut, 1 tsp of sev and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.