Kakarakaya Ulli Karam
by Rajini Mandula
This recipe has been viewed 24304 times
Bittergourd onion recipe that will leave you wanting more and licking your fingers
- Peel the skin of karela and cut it into small pieces
- Soak the pieces in little salt and tamarind water for atleast 5-6 hours.
- Squeeze all the excess water from the karela pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the karela pieces till light golden brown few pieces at a time and keep aside.
- Roast the cumin seeds, corriander seeds, dry red chillies lightly till the aroma of the spices is released.
- Grind the onions, tamarind, spices(jeera, dhaniya, redchillies, turmeric, chilli powder, salt) and garlic cloves to a paste.
- Heat the oil(used for frying karela pieces) and put the paste and cook till the paste starts releasing the oil.
- Now add the karela pieces and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rajini Mandula on 30 Sep 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.