Jhatpat Suji Uttapam
Added to 143 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 566303 times
jhatpat suji uttapam | instant rava uttapam | no fermenting sooji uttapam | with 23 amazing images.
jhatpat suji uttapam is a popular South Indian breakfast recipe which can be made quickly. The beauty is that this is a no fermenting sooji uttapam recipe.
Jhatpat suji uttapam does not use soda to rise the batter, nor does it require planning the previous day, as an hour is all that it takes for the suji batter to ferment, thanks to the quick action of curds.
Made from tomatoes, onions, and the perky combo of coriander and green chillies, this jhatpat suji uttapam has all that is to be desired. Serve it with freshly-made coriander or coconut chutney.
Tips for jhatpat suji uttapam. 1. The rava used in this recipe is regular semolina used for upma and not idli rava. 2. It is important to chop the green chillies finely. 3. Serve right off the tava to enjoy its perfect taste and texture.
Enjoy jhatpat suji uttapam | instant rava uttapam | no fermenting sooji uttapam | with step by step photos below.
- To make jhatpat suji uttapam, combine the semolina, curds, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thick circle.
- Pour a little oil on the top and edges and sprinkle ½ tbsp of onions, ½ tbsp. Of tomatoes, ½ tbsp of coriander and ¼ tsp of green chillies evenly over it. Again pour a little oil over it and press it lightly.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns light brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 5 more uttapas.
- Serve the jhatpat suji uttapam immediately with coconut chutney.
Jhatpat Suji Uttapam recipe with step by step photos
This recipe was contributed by rakhikhanna on 24 Feb 2021
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.