Jain Vegetable Kurma
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58576 times
A simple version of vegetable kurma favourable for the jain palette without comprimising on the taste.
- Steam the vegetables in a cooker or a steamer till soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and saute till they start crackling.
- Add the prepared paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the vegetables, red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly, add the curds and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.