Jaggery and Wheat Flour Cake
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65023 times
This is a healthy cake recipe developed by me for people who avoid processed food.
Add your private note
Jaggery and Wheat Flour Cake recipe - How to make Jaggery and Wheat Flour Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 to 10 pieces
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and sieve well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the jaggery and sauté on a medium flame till the jaggery melts.
- Remove from the flame and transfer this to a bowl.
- Add the curds, nuts, orange peel, juice, honey and milk powder and whisk well.
- Add the flour gradually and mix well making a thick batter.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Cool on a wire- rack and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#474109 on 05 Jan 2012I am a gourmand almost by birth and have been experimenting with food to any extent. I hate people w...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.