Instant Whole Wheat Masala Papad Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 482 times
Your grandmas would surely have told you of their younger days when foods like papads were not available in shops and had to be made at home. Their eyes usually mist wistfully at the thought of the fresh and vibrant taste of those homemade treats. Well, here we show you how to make papad at home – but not the traditional, time-consuming ones. This instant whole wheat flour version is easy to make and can be made quickly by anybody. With a dash of spices, it also has a nice masaledar taste. It uses no soda and does not involve any cumbersome steps like drying. Once you get the dough right, you can roll the papads and deep-fry them immediately. Just make sure you roll the papads as thinly as possible and prick them lightly with a fork before frying. When rolling a portion of the dough, make sure the rest of the dough is kept covered with a damp muslin cloth – otherwise they will become dry and difficult to roll. Now, you can get started with your Instant Whole Wheat Masala Papads and surprise your whole family with the special homemade treat!
Recipe Description for Instant Whole Wheat Masala Papad
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi- stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling and prick it lightly using a fork.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 19 more papads.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.