Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1237 times
Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam video. Uttapam ready in a jiffy without having to soak, grind or ferment the batter! Yes, this is an instant variety that uses a perfect mix of oats flour and whole wheat flour fortified with a good dose of veggies too.
Recipe Description for Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam
- Combine the oats flour, whole wheat flour, besan, semolina and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, baking soda, 5 tbsp of water and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") thick uttapa and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the prepared topping evenly over it and press it lightly using a flat ladle.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on it and over the edges and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 4 more uttapams.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
See step by step images of Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.