Instant Khatti Meethi Chutney
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 140052 times
Khatti Meetthi Chutney, also called Sweet and sour jaggery and amchur chutney, is a must-have for those who love chatpata Indian snacks.
Khatti Meethi Chutney is used not only in the preparation of tongue-tickling chaats, but also served as an accompaniment for crunchy savoury snacks like samosas, kachoris and bhajiyas. This means you’ll have to prepare it often during the monsoon season!
For those of you who find the traditional recipe to be time-consuming, here is an Instant Khatti Meethi Chutney that can be prepared within minutes.
Amchur gives this chutney the required tang and jaggery gives it the characteristic sweetness, while chilli powder lends a touch of spice. Garam masala packs in the extra punch with its dynamic flavour and aroma.
Use it in lieu of khajur imli ki chutney in pani puri and other chaats or serve it with samose!
- Place the jaggery on a clean, dry surface and chop it into tiny pieces. The jaggery is the sole sweetness provider in this recipe and hence replaces the dates in a khajur chutney.
- Add chopped jaggery in a saucepan. Add the dried mango powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- The addition of dried mango powder gives a really nice tanginess to compliment the sweetness of the jaggery, red chilli powder gives this chutney a spicy kick while the garam masala provides different flavors from different spices to this instant khatti meethi chutney.
- Cook on a slow flame for 8-10 minutes or till all the ingredients dissolve properly and till the chutney thickens lightly, while stirring occasionally. The time may vary a little bit depending on the size of the chopped jaggery.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use as and when required.
This recipe was contributed by neha_sachdeva on 01 Nov 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.