Hot and Sour Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39993 times
An occasional treat which the entire family will relish. The freshness of lightly cooked vegetables is further enhanced by the aromatic flavours of ginger, garlic, chillies and chilli sauce.
It's a simple and easy way of disguising vegetables and make them lip smackingly delicious, while also adding a wealth of nutrients like vitamin A , vitamin C , calcium and iron .
In addition this dish is low in calories and carbohydrates and high in fibre which is great for a diabetic diet.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic and celery and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the grated tomatoes and salt and simmer it over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, till it thickens.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and sauté for a few seconds.
- Combine the cornflour and chilli sauce with ½ cup of water and add it to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Adjust salt to taste and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.