Hot and Sour Soup ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31037 times
The all-time favourite hot and sour soup makes a stunning comeback, in an even healthier form! The beauty of this soup is not just in the method of making it but also in the way it is served.
The flavours of lemon grass and coriander should be extracted well by boiling them; lemon grass is very specific to thai cooking and imparts its refreshing flavour to the dish.
Pouring hot soup over the spring onions, carrots and coriander helps release their flavours besides cooking them slightly. Keep in mind that seasoning cubes already contain salt. Therefore, extra salt should be added finally, and only if required.
- Tie the lemon grass stalks and coriander together using some lemon grass. Keep aside.
- Boil 5 cups of water in a deep pan, add the seasoning cube, garlic, ginger and lemon grass-coriander bunch, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till the mixture releases aroma.
- Strain and discard the garlic, ginger, lemon grass and coriander. Reserve the liquid.
- Add the green chillies, mushrooms, baby corn and salt, mix well, cover with a lid and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Place the spring onions, coriander and carrot in a serving bowl and pour the hot soup over them.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.