Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7296 times
A perfect caramel sauce is the secret ingredient behind the success of many a delectable dessert. Caramel sauce helps to instantly boost the flavour and aroma of a dessert, imparting an irresistible richness to it.
In this recipe, we show you how to make Homemade Caramel Sauce. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for around 15 days, and use it to top ice-creams , soufflés , cakes and other desserts .
This caramel sauce will not harden even when stored in the fridge, so go ahead and make a batch without any worries.
At step 3, when you add the butter, it will froth a lot. So, don’t worry, be careful and just keep stirring till the butter melts completely. Follow the recipe meticulously and you will end up with an impeccable caramel sauce!
You can use use the sauce to make amazing recipes like the Caramel Popcorn or Caramel Popcorn Milkshake .
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a saucepan and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes. Do not stir in between.
- After 12 minutes, it will start changing the colour, keep tilting the pan and cook for more 2 minutes till it turns golden brown in colour, without stirring.
- Switch off the flame, add the butter and mix well with help of spatula, while stirring it continuously.
- Add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.