Home Made Protein Bars
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27971 times
Home made protein bars are a great source of muscle building proteins and offer an easy source of proteins for children and health conscious people. The oats, dates , apricots and cinnamon powders are blended together with apple butter to create this delicious and yet so nutrient dense protein bars. Enjoy them as snack or tiffin options.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Mix the oat, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl.add dates, apricots, stir in apple butter.
- Mix until all ingredients are well blended and oats are moistened with butter.
- Spread mixture in a non-stick pan. pat it down to make an even bottom
- Sprinkle sugar over surface. bake for 2 min.
- Immediately cut into 2" squares, do not remove from pan.allow to cool, recut squares and serve.
- Eat the bars within a few hours, or seal them in a heavy zip-style plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- For maximum crispness, "refresh" them in a toaster oven after defrosting.
- Tastes even better the 2nd day.
This recipe was contributed by snehami on 05 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.