Herb and Ginger Vegetable Noodle Soup
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7406 times
A warming and nourishing soup. Equally good for when it's cold outside or when you have a cold inside. Don't stint on the celery. You will not taste in strongly in the soup. However, the flavour will be lacking if you omit it. The corn stock is worth making as adds a sweet flavour but can be omitted and replaced with water if you are in a hurry.
Add your private note
Herb and Ginger Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe - How to make Herb and Ginger Vegetable Noodle Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 serving
- Remove the corn kernels from the corn cobs and keep aside.
- For the corn stock, place the cobs in a deep pan and add enough water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add the green peas and enough water, mix well and cook till the peas are just cooked. Drain and keep aside, while preserving the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and spring onion whites and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook for a minute.
- Add the ginger, 1 tbsp herbs and 3-4 cups of the corn stock to the vegetables, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for at least 10 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the peas along with the preserved water, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and blend one portion in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Add the puree to the other half of the vegetables along with the noodles and mix well.
- Add more corn stock or water if necessary and cook for about a minute or till cooked well.
- Add the spring onion greens and remaining 1 tbsp herbs and add salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with pepper.
This recipe was contributed by orangeanush on 08 Dec 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.