Hasty Tasty Dal Makhni
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6316 times
A quick and easy to make dal makhni
- Combine all the dals and soak in enough water for 8-10 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few more seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, garam masala, chilli powder and salt, mix well and saute for few seconds.
- Add the dal and enough water, mix well and pressure cook for 6-8 whistles, or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the cream and mix well. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cream and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sdj1989 on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.