Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18482 times
This sumptuous yet simple rice preparation is enlivened by the addition of a peppy coriander-mint chutney and crunchy sprouts.
Sprouting enhances the nutritive value of pulses and legumes, and also makes them easier to digest – making it a highlight of the Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao.
To make the meal all the more healthier, fibre-rich brown rice is used, which helps lower blood glucose levels. The chutney too plays a greater role than enhancing the flavour, as it provides a significant dose of vitamins A and C plus iron too.
You can also try other interesting diabetic friendly recipes like the Buckwheat, Moong and Vegetable Khichdi and Bulgur Wheat and Matki Pulao .
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer using little water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander-mint chutney and mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the brown rice and salt and mix well and cook on a medium for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao (Diabetic Friendly) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 159 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 27.3 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 532.6 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 10.5 mg|
|Calcium|| 52.4 mg|
|Iron|| 1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 17.3 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.