Hariyali Kofta Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 19780 times
A luxuriously rich recipe of deep-fried koftas reinforced with the goodness of greens like spinach, coriander and fenugreek, cooked in a white gravy enriched with saffron and cream
Recipe Description for Hariyali Kofta
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1½ cups of water in a kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the onions turn soft. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cardamom, cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, prepared onion paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, deep-fry the koftas, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the prepared white gravy in a kadhai, add the chilli powder, dried fenugreek leaves and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cream, mix well and simmer for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile combine the saffron strands with the milk in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add this saffron-milk mixture to the gravy , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Just before serving, add the spinach koftas to the hot gravy and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.