Gujarati Dal Video
Viewed 10793 times
Gujarati Dal Video.With a characteristic sweet and sour taste, this traditional dal recipe is quite reflective of Gujarati culture and uses the typical ingredients and spices.
Recipe Description for Gujarati Dal ( Gujarati Recipe)
- To make gujarati dal, wash the dal, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mix well and cool slightly, add ½ cup of water and blend using a hand blender to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee and oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, cloves, cinnamon, bayleaf, chillies, green chillies, ginger and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes , mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the dal, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the yam, peanuts, kokum, jaggery, mix well and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Gujarati Dal ( Gujarati Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.