Guava Cheese Recipe (Christmas Special Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 414 times
Guava is in season, and the Christmas spirit is in the air. This means its time to make Guava Cheese! A famous sweet made during Christmas time, the Guava Cheese is much-loved by kids and adults because it has a fabulously fruity flavour with a mild lemony tinge! It takes a little time to make but is completely worth the effort.
Recipe Description for Guava Cheese
- Combine the guava and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, drain well and cool completely.
- Put the cooked guava pieces in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Put the mixture in a strainer and strain with a help of a spoon to remove the pulp.
- Remember to measure the pulp. The pulp and sugar ratio should be 1:1.
- Combine the pulp, sugar, ghee and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 22 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture in a greased rectangle aluminium tray of 250mm. (10") by 150mm. (6").
- Keep aside for 2 hours and cut into 21 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve or store it in an air tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.