Green Pea and Carrot Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 694 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76118 times
Orange and green, sweet and nutty, crunchy and coarse... the characteristics of carrots and green peas are a perfectly complementary contrast to each other! When this successful duo comes together with peppy ingredients like chaat masala and lime juice, it makes an absolutely flavourful stuffing for sumptuous whole wheat parathas! Enjoy the Green Pea and Carrot Paratha right off the tava with a bowl of curds and your favourite pickle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the carrot, green peas, green chillies, chaat masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough separately into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly using little water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ½ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.