Green Chana Dal Paratha
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10970 times
A delicious and different paratha made with a stuffing of chana dal. Serve hot with curds or chutney.
- Soak the greem gram in 2 cups of water for 15- 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan, add the green gram, salt and turmeric, mix well and cook on a slow flame, till the dal becomes tender.
- Drain the excess water, remove from the flame and cool completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and mash the dal lightly.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 11 more parathas.
- Serve hot with chutney or tea.
This recipe was contributed by veenagarg on 29 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.