Grasshopper Pie ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 171 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18055 times
A delicate peppermint flavoured mousse set on a chocolate biscuit base and garnished with chocolate curls, this cold dessert is quite refreshing just like the colour portrays it to be! the combination of mint and chocolate also gives it a rather gourmet feel, making it a perfect choice even for formal luncheons.
- Open each dark chocolate biscuit and scrape and discard the middle creamy layer.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or rolling board and crush the biscuits to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve in a bowl.
- Add the green colour and peppermint essence and mix gently.
- Add 1 cup of beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour the chocolate-whipped cream mixture over the set biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or till the pie sets.
- Demould the pie, spread the remaining whipped cream evenly on top of the pie using a palate knife.
- Garnish with 6 to 8 big swirls of beaten whipped cream at equal distance along the circumference of the cake and place the chocolate curls in the centre of the cake as shown in the image.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled garnished with chocolate curls.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.