Last Updated : Nov 02,2017
Viewed 8445 times
Also Known as
Mixed vegetable puree
There's nothing as yummy, healthy, wholesome and fresh as homemade vegetable purées! To make Homemade Food Vegetable puree - Baking or Steaming Veggies is the preferred method for optimal nutrient retention and safety!
Before making vegetable puree of any vegetable, it is very essential to clean all vegetables and if necessary, peel them. There is no need to spend a lot of time peeling vegetables that are to be sieved because the skins will be caught in the bowl of the sieve. Roughly slice or chop the vegetables; it doesn't matter how small you chop them up as any goodness that escapes during cooking is captured in the soup. Using small pieces of food speeds up cooking time and saves fuel costs.
How to Select
Choose fresh and firm vegetables of your choice. Don't use any stale vegetable. It's always best to make puree with the fresh vegetables. It is also available in the grocery. Check on the contents before purchasing and verify on the manufacturing date. However, homemade vegetable puree is easy to make and is free of preservative too.
· With vegetarian puree on hand, you can make instant soups or use it as a base for many vegetable dishes.
· Stir in the soy milk, dill and margarine, and season with salt and pepper to taste Preparing the vegetables for a puree soup should be quick and easy
· You can make it healthier by adding whey water while baking, steaming or boiling the vegetables.
· You can add the choice of your spice or herbs and relish it as hot soup or cold beverage.
· It's fun to experiment with different combinations. So try and experiment with your favourite veggies.
How to Store
It is recommended that fresh pureed homemade be stored no longer than 48 hours in the refrigerator. This limit ensures that bacteria growth in the puree is kept to a minimum and that the food does not take on the "taste of the fridge"!
However, puree made as per the need ensures minimal loss of nutrients keeping it fresh. You can also freeze it by pouring the puree into ice cube trays for freezing/storage. Fill each cube with the puree, as though you were filling the tray with water to make ice cubes. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer. Whenever you need simply take out the number of food cubes needed and thaw and then reheat.
· Homemade vegetables will help provide you with vitamins, minerals and fiber
· It is very nutritious for babies and infants
· Also, puree foods are easy to digest for any age group.
· It acts as an energizer for people with impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body's ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Hence, pureed vegetables will help to "pre-digest" them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition rather than having it go down the toilet.
· Allows you to consume an optimal amount of vegetables in an efficient manner. Some people may find eating that many vegetables difficult, but it can be easily accomplished with a quick glass of vegetable juice made out of puree.
· You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads every day. This violates the principle of regular food But with pureed veggies you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally eat.
· Fresh vegetable puree is popularly considered very beneficial - as a balm for many complaints and as a general aid to wellbeing.
· Making purée means you can digest a lot of nutrients without having to deal with a massive bulk of fibre in the process. It's more than just vitamins and minerals though.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.